Monday, August 31, 2009

Another One?

So, this is my third blog. I have one for our family (really just me, the hubs, and our dogs), which I'm not good at keeping updated. Also, there's one for the baking I do. Why the 3rd blog, you ask? There's some stuff I want to put out there that doesn't fit into either category. Mostly stuff about me: what I'm thinking, my efforts to be a healthier person, etc. I tried BlogToLose, which is a really great site, but I don't want a social network (and I don't really like the layout). So here I am with blogspot blog #3.

The more I think about it, the more I really want to talk about this healthiness thing. At present, I weigh 60 lbs more than when I met my husband - and I was overweight then. I am uncomfortable in my body - I don't like what I see in the mirror. Most of all, I HATE the voice that tells me I'm less worthwhile at this weight. So, in effort to be healthy, I want to find a way to both accept myself as I am RIGHT NOW and make disciplined eating/exercise choices.

So, in the interest of measuring progress, let's start where I am right now. I have been walking a lot lately. And I gotta tell you, I love it. I have a nike+ sport kit for my ipod that measures all my walks in distance, pace, and calories burned. Never in my life have I considered myself an athlete. You will often hear me say "I don't do organized sports." -and I still don't. But take away competition with other people and make me compete with myself and I am hooked! I love have a good long walk, or an excellent pace, or beating my goals on the nike running website. This go 'round, I've been at it for 2 weeks. I'm determined to make it a habit.

Food wise, I've been all over the place. For the most part, I believe that I have been eating more intuitively. That would be eating when I'm hungry and stopping when I'm full. I know that I'm not good at keeping that up. When something stressful comes my way, I will dive headfirst into some ice cream. As for the content, I eat very healthily (i.e. whole grains, veggies, very lean protein) at home - I eat tortilla chips (and other junk) when I'm out. Probably, I should go back to Weight Watchers - haven't really made the hard decision there yet. A lot of that has to do with the hubs - I cramp his style when I'm a WW.

Okay, one more thing before I go. Roni at RonisWeigh posted a challenge recently that I want to do. There are three strength challenges 100 pushups , 200 squats , and 200 situps. The idea is that you test yourself initially and then follow the 6 week program to attain those goals. I may do the initial test tonight.

K, that's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment