Sunday, August 22, 2010

3 Day for the Cure - a letter to my readers :)

That's right. 60 miles. Over the course of 3 days. Why on earth would I do this? To be honest, I originally signed up because I thought it would challenge me physically. But it has grown - and is growing- to mean so much more to me that just a fitness goal.

This walk is about health. It's about my health and the health of my mother, grandmother, sisters, and children. It's about your nieces and grandkids. The Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure is a walk to end breast cancer. The organization does this through funding breast cancer research and community education on early detection and screenings.

Did you know that 1 in 8 women is diagnosed with breast cancer? That means that you likely know someone affected by this disease. When I sat down to write this, I thought to myself, what story do I have to tell? And then I began to remember a friend whose mother was taken too soon and a girl in my Bible study diagnosed with breast cancer just after having her first child. These women deserve to live their whole lives. And I can make a difference. YOU can make a difference.

My fundraising goal for this walk is $2,300. Your donation will go to the Susan G. Komen foundation to fund more research and education. Women in your lifetime will be affected by your contribution. Would you consider giving big?

Unfortunately, the donate button on the picture above is not functional. But if you click here
you'll be taken to my personal 3-Day page. If you are giving in honor of, or in memory of someone you love, please let me know. I will make bracelets with their names on them to wear during the event.

Thanks,

Teagan

No comments:

Post a Comment