Sunday, March 6, 2011

A Good Morning Date

Still being dinks (dual income no kids - just learned this term, so i'm using it :) and dinks with weird work schedules at that, Brian and I have the flexibility to do "date night" whenever we choose. Okay, not during the aforementioned weird work hours, but you get my point. Last week, Brian suggested we do something on Tuesday morning and it was great! Here's what went down:

After getting up (crucial first step) and having a yummy breakfast of eggs over medium (seriously one the the reasons I love Brian is his ability to make eggs over medium - they are so delicious, but intimidating to make) and english muffins, we packed up and headed to Starbucks for a little QT. It's no secret that giving me coffee is my love language - coffee is the fuel in my love tank.

We set up our computers and both spent some time with God. I'm studying Isaiah through Bible Study Fellowship and Brian is reading through the gospels - he's on Luke, I think. Then Brian worked on a blogpost for his blog and I surfed. Brian looks studious:






After some time at the 'Bucks, we moved on to our second location, the Bearden Greenway. This is one of my favorite locations to walk. It's beautiful and it connects to other greenways, so I can walk as long as I want. Our goal on Tuesday was to do just over 5 miles. There's a park at the 2.7 mile marker which makes for a convenient turn around point. What we didn't factor in was the crazy torrential, flooding, Noah-in-the-arc type rain we'd had the night before. Even though the greenway is paved our walking conditions looked like this:




And our plans to walk to Tyson park were impeded by a washed out bridge:







We turned back towards the car making a slight detour up a hill:





and saw my favorite sign of spring:


not a good picture, i know. They were still droopy from the rain
and we've already talked about my lack of photography skills.

Before our date was over, we went to Earthfare for lunch. I ate an ENORMOUS salad and Brian had a sandwich that was all kinds of delicious. Here's a gratuitous pic of me on the trail:



I feel super confident in workout clothes and
totally rocked these tights at Starbucks and Earthfare.

2 comments:

  1. she wrote something? I was just looking at this pretty girl in this last picture. She is gorgeous!! Anyone know her number?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree. you're totally rocking the workout clothes. i love that you enjoy hiking and long walks. if i were there, i would most definitely be joining you.

    ReplyDelete