Friday, June 21, 2013

Proud Parent Moment

About once a week, we walk to the playground in our neighborhood after dinner. It's good for that not-quite-bedtime block of time.

CC usually hits the swings, slides a few times, slides down the "fireman pole" a couple of times, and always somewhere in there tries to or three rungs of the monkey bars.  She has been too scared to go beyond where she can still reach the platform.  

A week or two ago, she decided to go all the way! Here's video evidence:

 
 

 
 
When we were walking home, I was goofy tear-eyed proud of her.  I told her that she was getting to be a big kid and I'm just not sure how I feel about that.  She responded by saying, "I'm going to be a grown-up soon, mom."  Apparently, all it takes to be a grown up is conquering the monkey bars - I still haven't.

No comments:

Post a Comment