Saturday, July 6, 2013


Today started with Henry wiggling and fussing a little before six.  Brian got up a little bit after that and started getting ready for work.

We had a later night than normal on Friday, so I was hoping that both kids would sleep a little longer.  With some prayer, and a good bit of patting on his back, Henry went back to sleep.  Except for a brief nursing interlude (in the bed with me) around 7:45, he slept until 8:30.  Yay for glorious sleep!

CC was stirring by then too. She had spent the last two days with her cousins Carter and Ella, so she had to catch up on some sleep.  

Once everyone was dressed and had breakfast, we headed to the gym.  I'm grateful that both kids do great in childcare at the gym.  I did some ab work, 2 miles on the treadmill and then 20 minutes on the elliptical.  This was followed by some much needed foam rolling - it hurts so good.  

Brian met us at the gym in his work SUV and we all went to Starbucks.  

Ever get a glimpse of what your kids might look like when they're older?

Henry fell asleep in the car on the way to the grocery store, so we stopped off at the bank/ATM to make his nap last a little longer (call me super mom). After feeding him in the car (who knows how many parking lots this kid has nursed in), we hit the grocery store where Henry sat like a big boy in the cart for the first time:

His expression cracks me up!  My friend, Marta, gave us a nice cart cover, but in my hurry to get to the gym before childcare closed, I left it at home.  He did well through most of the store.  Towards the end, he started leaning to one side.

We came home, unloaded groceries and had a late lunch.  Henry and CC had whole wheat noodles with veggies and cheese.  I had a wrap.  We all split a couple of plums.  In the past couple of days, we've been changing over to table food for Henry.  I'm a fan - he is too.  
This picture is not from today - it is for illustration purposes :)

After lunch, Henry napped (only took 15 minutes to go down!) while CC watched some Disney Jr.  Brian commissioned me to make a training plan for him, so I did a little research, threw in some laundry, and made headway on a plan before H baby woke up.  Both kids hung out in the  bonus room with me while I finished up the plan,  

Nursed Henry, then it was time for dinner.  We ate salad and homemade pizza - I heart Trader Joe's whole wheat pizza dough.  Henry had black beans, mozzarella, and some of my pizza crust.

The kids had another first tonight - their first bath together! Here's a little video that will hopefully not embarrass them forever.
Post bath it was lotion, pjs, a book and bed.  Yay.  

1 comment:

  1. I love reading this blog! In fact, I just love the Rozmus family!