Saturday, December 6, 2014

Menu

I love food.  If you're reading this blog, you probably know me and if you know me, then you know I love food.  But then, who doesn't?  Can anyone give me an example?  Anyway, I thought I might post here some what-I-cooked-this-week type posts.

  Growing up, my mom wasn't a meal planner.  She'd just go to the store and buy stuff and decide later what to do with it.  Dinner was usually a surprise at our house -- a good surprise though.  My mom is a great cook.  

I remember going to a friends house and being in absolute astounded awe that their meals were written on the calendar for a month.  A MONTH!  

I aim to plan meals out for our week based on Brian's work schedule and any activities we have planned.  

Here's this past week's menu:
Monday: BBQ pork chops, baked sweet potatoes, veggies
Tuesday:  Taco Tuesday (this happens most Tuesdays.)
Wednesday: Egg salad sandwiches, fruit
Thursday:  Enchilada soup
Friday: Asian noodles

Can you guess which day Brian worked? Yeah, it was Wednesday -- egg salad day.


We hadeftover hot dog buns from Henry's party (keep in' it real, folks)

I've learned not to plan an involved meal without a baby holder.  B is also working tonight -- we foraged and ended up having chicken salad sandwiches and pears.

Oh, I also took a picture of Asian noodles, which is loosely based on this recipe.

It's a family favorite.

I think it might be cool to catalog this from time to time so I'll be better about taking pictures.




No comments:

Post a Comment